The American National Companies respect your right to privacy. This notice explains how we collect and use personal data about our customers.
What Information We Collect
The personal data about you we obtain may include:
· Name, age, addresses, social security number, marital status
· Occupation, current and past medical history, financial information
We collect personal data from a variety of sources, such as:
· Applications or other forms you submit
· Consumer reporting agencies and insurance data banks
· Your business dealings with us or other companies
How We Use and Disclose Personal Data
We do not share or sell personal data about our current or former customers to anyone. We only disclose data about you as permitted or required by law. Where permitted by law, such disclosures may be made without further notice to you.
Disclosures we may legally make include:
· Those necessary to service your insurance or annuity contract
· Those made with your approval or at your direction
· Those made to assist law enforcement and prevent fraud
· Those made to comply with federal, state or local laws
We protect your personal data. The only employees who have access to your data are those who must have it to provide products or services to you.
Examples of functions that require access to personal data include:
· Underwriting and policy service
· Claims processing
We share personal data with insurance data banks that collect information about claim history. Insurance data banks may retain personal data and disclose it to other insurance companies and others legally entitled to see it.
We send current customers a privacy notice each year. If we change our practices, we will inform you promptly.
Your Right To Review and Correct Personal Data
You have the right to review your personal data in our files, and to ask us to correct data if it is in error. You have the right to ask us to delete data you do not wish us to keep. We will only continue to keep that data if it is required in order to service your insurance.
If you wish to review your personal data, please send a written request to Privacy Compliance, P. O. Box 1896, Galveston, Texas 77553-9902. Include your name, address, telephone number, policy number and Company name.